Sunday 5 January 2014

Apologies

Well, I'm sorry. I had planned to post more, two or three times a day, and just as I make this blog the power goes in all of Newfoundland and I'm unable to blog..But I am back and I shouldn't lose anymore power for longer than an hour anymore this Winter..not including unplanned power outages. 

Other than losing power and being bored and freezing to death for a few hours, we managed to survive. It was actually rather fun if you ask me because we all came together and hung out. First, we piled into our shed for heat because we have a wood stove there, but that wasn't going to cut it for the entire night. So, once we decided on our plans, we hopped on some ski-doos and went into our cabin! We spent the night watching hockey and football and making delicious food and warming up. We had a wood stove in there as well so we were piled in around that for a little while until it started to heat up a bit more. Then, not long after, my nephew, Zareck, wanted me to play his DS with him so we wasted about two hours playing Mario on that. Also, while I was doing that, my grandmother was making fishcakes and my sister, mom, and I were making a homemade pizza and boy was it good. I sort of miss it now because I'm really hungry. Either way, we had a fun time even though it was harsh getting in there and a harsh time before that. 





And here are the few pictures I had captured during our lovely power outage.

No comments:

Post a Comment